Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Idea Board- All Fancied Up

Every time I look in a home decor magazine and I see something I love the thought runs through my head-- "I could make that!" It happens so often that I needed a place to put the ideas.... hence, the idea board.

This is a super-easy, super-inexpensive little project... not to mention it looks really cute, too!

I started out by buying a $6 cork board at Target. Love that place.


I lightly sanded the gloss of the edges and painted them.


Dug through my stash a scrap fabric and found a piece that was big enough. I added some scrap iron-on fleece to the back to give the board a softer feel, but that part is completely optional. Using my staple gun I attached the fabric the perimeter of the board.

Then, I cut off the excess.


Hot-glued some ribbon around the edges to cover up the staples....


I tied some more of the same ribbon to the back for a cute way to hang it on the wall.

TA-DA!! Love it! (Ignore the messy crafting area!!)

Total cost of this project- $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment