Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Wall Decor!!

I first saw this project on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog and loved it! I always have trouble finding wall art that matches my decorating style that's within my tiny budget. This project is cheap, easy, and, because its DIY, it turns out to be exactly your taste!

To start you'll need MDF (medium density fiberboard) cut into 9 12X12 squares. Don't worry if you don't own a saw-- your local home improvement store will cut it for you for free! You'll also need 9 sheets of your favorite coordinating scrapbook paper, spray paint, and spray adhesive.



I lightly sanded the edges, just to get them nice and smooth. Then, I spray painted them a nice shade of brown.


After the paint dried I used my adhesive to attach the scrapbook paper. You could also use modge-podge if you wanted, but spray adhesive is much faster and in my opinion looks a ton better. I attached these sawtooth thingies to the backs-- make sure to put them at the exact same spot on each board to make hanging them on the wall easier.


Hang them up and enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this one! I love the garage sale table too! Love the thrifty transformations!

    Take care,
    Alyshia

    PS - I LOVE the name Micah. My favorite name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours turned out great! I plan on doing this this weekend as well--also saw it on the other blog--so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I plan to do it in my living room but was a little intimidated. With your step-by-step, Im all over it!

    ReplyDelete