Monday, August 31, 2009

A bag for my momma!

I'm in love. I have been for awhile now... since I started sewing, really. Her name is Amy Butler and she designs the most delicious fabric and has the most fantastic patterns. You can look at all of her stuff here. My first experience with her was posted here. I love this birdie sling so much that I can't seem to get over it and make anything else of her's!! This is probably the 5th one I've made.
This particular bag I made for my fabulous mother. She picked out the fabric (with a little bit of guidance) and I got down to business.... well kinda. She asked me to make it in March and my life got super-busy and then I got super-pregnant and super-lazy. But I'm back to normal now-- and I got it done!! Cute, eh?


This bag has a little bit of everything- flowers, polka-dots, and stripes. What's not to love?!

--COMING UP---
The transformation of a garage sale table.
(Yes, the roses will be gone. I don't like them, either.)

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make this bag forever but I'm intimidated! Is the pattern hard? The one you made came out so cute.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, post pics if you make the sign, I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really not as hard as it looks! I've only been sewing for a little over a year if that tells you anything!

    ReplyDelete